Thursday, September 17, 2009

You need this.

Registry recommendation.

When my husband and I registered for wedding gifts last year, he thought I was absolutely ridiculous for registering for a salad spinner. He argued that I would not possibly use it enough to justify the space that it would take up. Well he was wrong, wrong, wrong. I use my salad spinner at least 4 times a week. I use it to clean, dry, and store salad or herbs and I save a ton of money by not buying the pre-washed and pre-cut greens.

But this weekend I came across something that might trump my beloved salad spinner. A collapsible salad spinner. For those of you out there that are registering for wedding gifts, you have to include it on your list. And I'm so jealous of those of you that receive it...


3 comments:

The Blushing Hostess said...

I could not agree more. And so much more cost effective than buying pre-washed greens which are not really clean anyway! Well done, HH.

Corrie Feld said...

I just did a whole post on my blog where I talked about my top registry pics for gals like me dealing with small, city kitchens. I included collapsable strainers and measuring cups, but I now wish I knew collapsable salad spinners exist! I might just return my unused registry salad spinner to get this. I could use the space in my tiny city kitchen. Great find!

Abbie said...

This is an amazing idea! We didn't register for one b/c we didn't think we'd have room... although we've wanted one. LOVE that it's collapsible.