Thursday, October 29, 2009

Cheese Truffles

Appetizer Recipe.

I'm originally from Indiana and sometimes I get crazy cravings for our Midwestern comfort food. During the holidays, my family loves nothing more than having a couple of assortments of cheeseballs as snack options. They are easy to make, casual enough to graze over all night long, and delicious.

So when I saw this new twist on my old favorite from Southern Living, I actually did a little happy dance. Get this...Blue Cheese Truffles. They are so freakin' cute and dare I say chic...what a perfect way to jazz up the standard cheese tray at your next party!! This recipe will tend to be a bit salty because of the nature of blue cheese and the bacon (everything is better with bacon), so I think that I'll serve it with a large selection of fruit to balance the flavors. I cannot wait to try this!


Blue Cheese Truffles
Makes 6 appetizer portions

4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 (4-oz.) container crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon

1. Beat first 5 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until well combined. Cover tightly, and chill at least 1 hour or until firm (can chill up to 3 days).

2. Roll cheese mixture into 3/4-inch-round balls. Roll each ball in bacon. Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve. If chilled, let stand 30 minutes before serving.

5 comments:

Gabby said...

What a great idea! Love it.

Sprouted Kitchen said...

love the presentation of these little babes!

Nicole-Lynn said...

These look amazing. I might have to try it out for a friends bridal shower I'm hosting this weekend!

Nicole-Lynn said...

I made this for a friends shower and they turned out great! Everyone loved them.

Hip Hostess said...

That's great! We're so glad that your guests liked them!