Thursday, May 27, 2010

Picture Perfect

Hanging Pictures.

I love the look of grouping lots of pictures of different sizes along a wall. What I do not love is trying to hang them by trial and error, leaving a trail of nail holes along the way.

A quick and easy way to avoid this problem is to create picture templates out of paper. Then using painter’s tape to adhere to the wall, create a mock-up of the display. When you’ve perfected the arrangement, you can even measure where the hanging mechanism falls on the back of the frame and then hammer the nail directly into the paper template. Then just tear away the paper and hang the photo/artwork.

Isn’t that easy? And think of all of the extra nail holes, fussing, and swearing that you saved.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

I always do that! I even did it to figure out where to hang the tv above the fireplace!

Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
party inspiration

coolkids said...

Love that look! I need to convince my husband that we need to do a wall collage on our stairs! He might kill me.:)

Unknown said...

What a wonderful idea! Thank You

David & Juanita Anum said...

Brilliant, thanks ill do that!


Check out my blog;)
http://anonymouscandy.blogspot.com/

Nicole-Lynn said...

Very cool! :)

Shanley said...

my mother used to spend SO long having me hold photos for her in just the right spot while she looked. I'm sending her the link to this post!