Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Avocados

I love my avocados.  As a matter of fact I eat at least 2 a week...usually on top of salads.  Lately I have noticed that the little guys are worth their weight in gold.  Even though they are pricey it still hasn't made me give up my 2 a week habit.  However, it does tend to make me feel extremely guilty when my schedule goes awry and I don't end up using them. 

That's why I was so excited to see this article about how to freeze your unused portions.  There are a couple ways to do this.  You can either peel them and leave them as halves in a ziploc or you can puree them.  There is however one catch which is the freezing process changes the consistency to where you wouldn't want to eat them by themselves any longer.  But hey I could be down for a little freezer style guacamole or a nice avocado crema for my taco salad.  This is a great way to stop the guilt and it's also a good tip for when you catch a sale.

No comments: