Monday, April 28, 2014

Vegetables

Well I'm back from my getaway to Niagara and unfortunately there is not all that much to report.  The weather was cold, the mist was so great you could hardly see the falls and it snowed on us driving home.  However, I'm just being Debbie Downer because I really wanted it to be something special for my mom and truthfully it fell a little flat.  BUT  it is still something everyone should see once.

 That being said since we've had visitors for the last couple of weeks, someone namely me, has fallen off the diet bandwagon.  Not completely but when you are dining at restaurants its hard not to sneak a few bites of the forbidden fruit.  And oh yeah did I mention the alcohol intake.   So this week it's back on in full force but I need some new recipes.  I am bored, bored, bored with the norm.

 Malibu Kitchen
Asparagus, Mushroom and Garlic Tart (I'll have to do an omelet version)



An Edible Mosaic
Roasted Gobi Manchurian (Cauliflower in Spicy Sauce)


Jacqueline Copeland
Portobellos stuffed with brushetta and topped with basil and feta



Running to the Kitchen (photo courtesy of Running to the Kitchen)
Sweet Corn Egg Drop Soup


No comments: